This stuffed sweet potatoes are very delicious and healthy. They are loaded with protein and are also very simple to make.
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 cup of cooked chickpeas
1 cup of onion, diced
1 medium red bell perper, diced
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of cumin powder
Salt to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and prick each one a couple of times with a fork or a knife to allow release of steam.
- Bake them in a baking sheet for 40 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are very tender and skins thin and toasty.
- While the potatoes are cooking make the chickpeas. In a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas, the paprika and the cumin powder, onion and red bell perper. Stir together and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cut some cucumber, avocado and parsley to add on top. Have your favourite sauce or mayonnaise (Vegan homemade).
- Remove the potatoes from oven. Allow potatoes to cool for 10 minutes for easy handling.
- Cut in half lengthwise and use a fork to fluff up the inside. Divide the chickpeas mixture, add cucumber and avocado. Then drizzled with the sauce of your choice or vegan mayonnaise. (I used tofu mayonnaise, I will soon share my recipe of tofu mayonnaise, it is very delicious).
These stuffed sweet potatoes are best when fresh, although you can keep leftovers separately in the fridge for up to 5 days.