If you love pancakes, then you are going to love spicy ones, make from chickpea flour. Also called Besan or Gram flour.
It is flavoured with bell perpers, green beans (I love green beans), fresh onion, tomato and natural spices.
- 1 1/2 cup of chickpea flour (Besan/Gram flour )
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of green beans, optional
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped green, yellow and red bell perpers.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, cubed
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbs of ginger powder
- Handful of chopped celery and salt to taste.
In a bowl combine chickpea flour and all chopped vegetables and spices. Mix well so that vegetables are well coated.
Slowly stream in the water, constantly stirring until a loose butter forms.
Place the pan over medium-low heat, add with 2 tbsp of water to heat the pan. When all the water has evaporated, slightly grease with oil. Add 1/3 cup of the butter to the center of the pan and spread out using a ladle to form a circle.
Drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil around the edges of the pancakes.
Cook until the bottom has browned and top as set. (About 2 to 3 minutes)
Flip over and cook until the other side has slightly golden.
Remove from the pan and save.