This pasta and vegetables salad is very delicious. Made from whole-wheat pasta. I always choose whole grains over refined one. You know what they say, any refined grain has no nutritional values. It is best to choose unrefine grains. Plus all the veggies which I have used here, they’re all full of nutrients. Now you can start to imagine how healthy this salad is.
Is it delicious? Yes it is. Is it easy to make? Oh yes, it is. All my recipes are so easy and simple.
- 4 cups of whole wheat cooked pasta
- 1 small yellow, green, and red bell pepper, cut into ½ inches squares
- ½ cup of white beans boiled
- 1 cup of firm tofu, cubed
- ½ cup of black olives
- ½ cup of green olives
- 1 cup of green beans, trimmed and cut
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of cashew nut, optional
- 1 large tomato
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked pasta and set aside.
- In a blender, or food processor, combine the garlic, parsley, white beans, 1 tbps of olive oil, fresh lemon juice salt, water and cashew nut (optional). Blend or process until creamy. Pour the dressing over the pasta, toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil, (do not heat oil) add bell peppers, sliced zucchini, and green beans. Cook stirring frequently until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add to the bowl with pasta, add the rest of ingredients tossing to combine.
- Serve at room temperature.