This homemade hotdogs recipe is very simple, easy, delicious and healthy. It’s gluten free and oil free.
Some of my followers requested that I make hotdogs recipe. I promised them I will work on it. I have seen a couples of hotdogs recipes, but I wanted to come up with something different from what everyone does, and there you have it. I hope you will really give it a try. Enjoy! Feel free to change the recipe to your taste.
- 1 cup of unrefined soy mince, grind. You can use oats instead. Boiled or grind.
- 1 medium cooked and mashed potato
- ½ cup of rice flour.
- 3 table spoons of tomato paste
- 2 tbsps of beetroot paste. I make my beetroot paste by blending fresh beetroot until I get a smooth paste. But if you don’t have a blender, you can grate your beetroot. You need it for this recipe for natural coloring.
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1 tbsp. of grounded flaxseed plus 3 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp. of thyme
- Salt to taste
- First combine 1 tbsp of flaxseed and 3 table spoons of water. Mix and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine, all the ingredients together, except flour. Mix every very well. Add flour and mix again very well until you get a nice dough. Not too hard, not too soft either. If it seems there is not enough moisture add a table spoon of water or two. If it is too moist add some more four.
- Cut the dough into 8 small balls. Cut 8 pieces of parchment paper. (Most people use aluminum foil, but I don’t. Because aluminum is not good for our health.)
- Roll your homemade hotdogs in a parchment paper and twist the ends.
- Place in a steaming basket over a large pot and steam for 30 minutes.
- Once that is done, let your homemade vegan hotdogs cool. Unwrap and serve in a hotdog bun with your favorite toppings and enjoy. God bless you all.
Enjoy the wonderfulness of plants-based food.
If you can’t find soya mince, you can use soya chunks.(also called soy curls). Also you can replace soy with oatmeal, boiled or grind. Or use chickpea instead. Choose what you like.
You can also bake this homemade vegan hotdogs in your oven.