- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups water
For the broth
- 4 cups water or homemade vegetable broth.
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 head of garlic or 1 tbsp garlic powder.
- 2 tbsp beetroot paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste.
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- Combine flour and water, form a hard dough. Check my gluten recipe for more details.
- Place the dough in a large bowl and let sit for a couple of hours.
- Place the bowl with the dough in the kitchen sink and wash under running water until the water in the bowl is clear. (This process takes some time, so be patient)
- Once that’s done, you will now have your gluten. Take a sharp knife cut the gluten unto 6 pieces. Place the gluten pieces in clear water and let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Take a clean cotton cloth, cut six pieces from it, big enough to roll a sausage.
- Take each piece of gluten, roll it with your hands, giving it the shape of a sausage. Place on the piece of cloth and roll it. Close the ends with a piece of string. Do the same with the remaining gluten pieces.
- In a large pot, add 4 cups of water or homemade vegetable broth, then add all the ingredients. Once it start boiling, place the gluten sausages in the pot and cover. Let them cook for 45 minutes.
After that, remove the sausages. Unwrap and bake or shallow fry with very little oil.